Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hungry Girl's Caramel Pumpkin Pudding Cupcakes




So, I am a huge fan of all things cupcake and all desserts that include pumpkin. When I came across this recipe, I was looking for something to complete my early Thanksgiving dinner. Yep, I got a craving for cranberry dressing last week and decided to make an entire Thanksgiving meal for dinner one night just for the hubby and me. Turkey breast, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus and homemade cranberry dressing all made for a delish Thursday night meal. Of course, though, any meal like that would need to be capped off with something pumpkin. This recipe popped into my inbox and I thought this would be the perfect night to try some pumpkin cupcakes.

This recipe was in Hungry-Girl's first cookbook. She has also posted a link to the recipe here. The recipe came together really well and the ingredients were simple and things that I usually have around the house. They took quite a while to bake up though - at least 20 minutes as opposed to 12. The frosting really came together easily and looked great drizzled on top of the muffins.

The taste of these cupcakes was outstanding, especially for a 100 calorie treat! I will definitely be making these again, though I don't really need the frosting. I'm happy with just the pumpkin cupcake! I think a traditional cream-cheese type frosting would be perfection, though I'm sure that would defeat the low-cal appeal of the original recipe.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

She's Never Full! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice